For your door entity to be functional, you must match the hardware wiring you made to the door (reader connections, door locks, door sensors, REX’s, buzzers, and so on) in Security Center, so the Access Manager knows how to control the door.
The way you wire your door and assign the hardware interfaces affects how the door can be secured and monitored. For example, if the door has an entry sensor, you can monitor Door forced open and Entry detected events. If a door side is configured with an REX, access rules cannot be applied to that door side.
What you should know
IMPORTANT: The door’s hardware configuration must correspond to the I/O configuration you set for the access control unit controlling the door.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Area view task.
- Select the door entity to configure, and click the Hardware tab.
- From the Preferred unit drop-down list, select the access control unit that is connected to the door.
- In the Door side (In) section, select the Reader, Request to exit, and Entry sensor from the drop-down lists, based on the door wiring.
To change the door reader settings, click Reader settings
NOTE: Make sure your settings match the capabilities of your reader. The system cannot validate the capabilities of your hardware. You can configure this type of reader on the unit's Peripherals page.
- PIN entry timeout
- This sets the entry timeout for the PIN after the card has been read. For example, at the default (5 seconds), you have 5 seconds to enter all the PIN digits.
- Use card and PIN
- Set to ON to change the reader mode to Card and PIN and use the Schedule drop-down list to select when this mode applies. When not in a scheduled time period, the reader behaves in Card only mode.
- Repeat the steps for the Door side (Out) section.
- In the Additional connections section, assign the inputs and outputs for the buzzer, door lock, lock sensor, and so on.
- Click Apply.
- Link cameras that display each side of the door to the door entity.
If a physical door has the following installed, then the door entity must have a Card In/REX Out configuration in Config Tool:
- A reader wired on Door side In
- An REX wired on Door side Out
- A strike relay on the door lock
- A door sensor
- An auxiliary relay wired to a buzzer