If you want a different ALPR Manager role to manage and control an ALPR or Genetec Patroller™ unit, for load balancing or another purpose, you can move the unit to another ALPR Manager using the Move unit tool. After the unit is moved, the old ALPR Manager continues to manage the unit data collected before the move.
What you should know
After you move a unit in Config Tool, you need to update the unit’s network settings in Genetec Patroller™ Config Tool and in the Sharp Portal so that the unit can communicate with its new ALPR Manager. Specific unit settings (for example, unit name, logical ID, and so on) are automatically carried over to the new ALPR Manager.
For example, if you move a Genetec Patroller™ unit from ALPR Manager to ALPR Manager 2, you must configure the Genetec Patroller™ unit to communicate with ALPR Manager 2 the same way you did when you originally added the unit to ALPR Manager. This requires changing network settings in Genetec Patroller™ Config Tool so that they match the network settings for ALPR Manager 2 in Security Center Config Tool.
- From the Config Tool home page, click .
From the Unit type drop-down list in the Move
unit dialog box, select the Genetec
Patroller™ or ALPR unit you want to move.
A Genetec Patroller™ unit is shown as an example.
- Select the unit you want to move.
- From the ALPR Manager drop-down list, select the new ALPR Manager to control the unit.
The unit is now added to the new ALPR Manager
After you finish
- For hotlists, permit lists, and Genetec
Patroller™ user groups, do the following:
- From the home page, click , and then select the ALPR Manager that is now controlling the unit you moved.
- Click .
- Activate the hotlists and permit lists, and assign a Genetec Patroller™ user group for this ALPR Manager.
- Update the network settings of Genetec Patroller™ units to communicate with the new ALPR Manager.
- Update the network settings of ALPR units to communicate with the new ALPR Manager.