You configure the settings of the Omnicast™ Federation™ role from the Roles view of the System task in Security Center Config Tool.
Omnicast™ Federation™ - Identity tab
Click the Identity tab to view descriptive information about this role and jump to the configuration page of related entities.
- Role group
- An advanced setting that is only necessary if you plan on hosting more than 40
Federation™ roles on the same server.NOTE: This setting is hidden by default. To show it, click the Name field, and type Ctrl+Shift+A.
Omnicast™ Federation™ - Properties tab
Click the Properties tab to configure the connection parameters to the remote Omnicast™ system, and the default video stream and events you want to receive from it.
- Connection status
- Shows the connection status of the Federation™ role to the remote Omnicast™ system. Click Reset to force the Federation™ role to reconnect to the remote system.
- Name of the Omnicast™ Gateway connecting you to the remote Omnicast™ system.
- Version of the federated Omnicast™ system. This list only contains Omnicast™ versions that you have installed a compatibility pack for.
- Username and password
- Credentials used by the Federation™ role to log on to the remote Omnicast™ system. The rights and privileges of that user determine what your local users can see and do on the federated remote system.
- Default live stream
- Default video stream used for viewing live video from federated Omnicast™ cameras.
- Enable playback requests
- When this option is turned on, users can view playback video from federated Omnicast™ cameras.
- Federate alarms
- When this option is turned on, alarms are received from the federated Omnicast™ system.
- Federated events
- Select the events you want to receive from the federated Omnicast™ system. Events are necessary if you plan to monitor the federated entities in Security Desk, or to configure event-to-actions for the federated entities.
Omnicast™ Federation™ - Resources tab
Click the Resources tab to configure the servers assigned to this role.The Omnicast™ Federation™ role does not require a database.
- Servers hosting this role.