If the server running the Wearable Camera Manager role fails, and you followed the recommended backup procedure, you can transfer the configuration to a new server.
Before you begin
- Back up the Wearable Camera Manager server configuration.
- Generate a current directory database backup.
- Install the Security Center expansion server.
See Installing Security Center expansion
servers in the Security Center
Installation and Upgrade Guide.CAUTION:On the Server Configuration page, do not connect to the main server during the installation process. Leave the Main Server section blank.
- Have the information for connecting the new expansion server available. You typically need IP addresses, certificates, and passwords.
When the new server is configured, set the Internet Protocol of the server to match the exact IP of the previous server. You cannot have both machines running at the same time with the same IP.
What you should know
In the Windows Firewall, open the port used by the Wearable Camera Manager role on
the previous server:
- From the Windows Start menu, go to Advanced settings. and select
. The New Inbound Rule Wizard opens.
- On the Rule Type page, select Port and click Next.
- On the Protocol and Ports page, select TCP and enter the Wearable Camera Manager port number in Specific local ports, and click Next.
- On the Action page, select Allow the connection and click Next.
- On the Profile page, ensure that all options are selected and click Next.
- On the Name page, enter BWC and click Finish.
Ensure that the new server time matches the time on the other Security Center servers (Directory and
This setting is configured in Windows. It is advised to use an NTP server configured on each server running Security Center.
Restore the certificate from the original expansion server:
- Copy the backed-up certificate file to the new server.
- Right-click on the certificate and click Install PFX.
- In the Certificate Import Wizard, select Local machine and click Next.
- Ensure that the file name is correct and click Next.
- Enter the password that was set when creating the certificate backup.
- In the Certificate store section, select Place all certificates in the following store.
- Click Browse and select Personal from the list.
- Click Next and click Finish.
Reset the serverIdentification id:
NOTE: If you have a warning on the Wearable Camera Manager role, see the Troubleshooting section.
- Stop the Genetec™ Server service.
- Navigate to the Security Center configuration files folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Genetec Security Center 5.x\ConfigurationFiles.
Open the GenetecServer.gconfig file and replace the
serverIdentification idvalue with the
serverIdentification idfrom the old server, and click Save.
- Start the Genetec™ Server service.
Admin and click
- Select the certificate that was backed up from the old server.
- Input the main Directory information: IP or hostname and Password, and click Save.
Open Config Tool and validate that the Wearable Camera Manager role has the
correct information in the Current Certificate section
and is not in a warning state.
- Connect the new expansion server to the main server.
The Wearable Camera Manager role is successfully restored on the new server.