To replace the self-signed certificate on a server with a certificate from a trusted source, you must import the new certificate into the Local Computer Certificate Store of your server before you can select it in Server Admin.
Before you begin
What you should know
- On your main server, start Microsoft Management Console (mmc.exe).
- In the Console window, expand Certificates.
- Under Certificates (Local Computer), right-click Personal, and then click .
- Follow the instructions in the Certificate Import Wizard to import the certificate.
- Open Server Admin on your server.
- Click the Genetec Server tab.
- Under Secure communication, click Select certificate.
In the dialog box that opens, select the new certificate you just imported and click
NOTE: If the certificate you selected is not valid (not using Legacy key for example), an error message will be displayed and you won't be able to apply it.
- Click Save, and restart the Genetec™ Server service.