After backing up your video archives, you can restore the backup to an Archiver.
What you should know
Backup files can only be restored to an Archiver in your Security Center system.
Only the types of video data that were backed up are restored. After restoring the archives, the video is searchable using Security Desk reports.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Video task, and click the Archive transfer view.
- At the bottom of the window, click Restore archives.
In the Restore archives dialog box, select a Restore
type. The following options are available:
- Restore video from enrolled cameras that was backed up to the default backup
folder. If you select Camera, you must specify one or more
enrolled cameras to restore. NOTE: Video archives for a deleted camera can only be restored in this way if video from that camera is still managed by the Archiver. If a camera and all associated archives are deleted, you must use Custom to restore the archives.
- Restore video from specific Archivers that was backed up to the default backup folder. If you select Archiver, you must select one or more Archivers to restore.
- Restore video from a specific backup file or location, such as a folder, or a USB storage device. If you select Custom, you must select an Archiver to receive the video, and a backup file or location to load.
- In the When section, select From, To, or both to filter for archives within the specified period.
- Click Find archives.
Select the archives you want to restore.
Tip: Hold Ctrl or Shift to select multiple cameras or Archivers.
If required, protect the restored archives from automatic deletion with the following
- Protect video from deletion
- Turns protection on or off for the restored video archives.
- No end date. You must manually remove the protection.
- For x days
- The video is protected for the selected number of days.
- The video is protected until the selected date.
By default, Protect video from deletion is enabled and set to 5 days.Best Practice: When restoring old video sequences, it is best practice to protect your video files from being deleted because the retention period might have already passed.
- Click Restore.