A scheduled task is a type of entity that defines an action that executes automatically on a specific date and time, or according to a recurring schedule.
Similarities between scheduled tasks and event-to-actions
The similarities between the two concepts are:
- Both have access to the same set of actions.
- Both use recurring schedules.
Differences between scheduled tasks and event-to-actions
The differences between the two concepts are:
- A scheduled task is saved as an entity, an event-to-action is not.
- A scheduled task is triggered on schedule, not on event.
- A scheduled task can be turned on and off.
- The scheduling options are different:
- Executed once at a specific date and time.
- Every minute
- Executed every minute.
- Executed at a specific minute of every hour.
- Executed at a specific time every day.
- Executed at a specific time on selected days of the week
- On startup
- Executed on system startup.
- Executed at regular intervals that can be days, hours, minutes, or seconds.