If a camera is attached to an alarm, you must configure how the video is shown when the alarm is triggered and displayed in the canvas of the Alarm monitoring task.
The default video display option is live video. You can select live video, playback video, a series of still frames before, during, or after the alarm is triggered, or a combination of the three. The video or still frames are displayed for the number of seconds set in the Content cycling option in the alarm Properties tab.
What you should know
The options you set are applied to all cameras that are attached to the alarm.
- Open the Alarms task, and click the Alarms view.
- Select the alarm to configure, and click the Properties tab.
From the Video display option drop-down list, select one of the
- Display live video.
- Display playback video.
- Live and playback
- Cycle between displaying live and playback video. When you unpack the tile, one tile displays live video and the other displays playback. You can also click the Properties icon () and configure Picture-in-picture so you can view the live and playback video in the same tile.
- Live and still frames
- Cycle between displaying live video and a series of still frames. When you unpack
the tile, one tile displays live video and the other displays still frames. You can
also click the Properties icon () and configure
Picture-in-picture so you can view the live and still
frames video in the same tile.
NOTE: Still frames are not supported when the camera is encrypted.
- Still frames
- Display a series of still frames. See previous note.
If you select a display option that includes playback video, then select how many
seconds before the alarm was triggered to start the playback.
NOTE: To ensure that playback video is available for the length of time you set, the recording buffer for events must be an equal or larger value.
- If you select a display option that includes still frames, click the Properties icon ().
- In the Still frames dialog box, select whether you want each still frame to be displayed for the same duration or an independent duration of time (Same durations or Independent durations).
If you select Same durations, then set the following
- Number of frames
- Select the number of still frames to display within total content cycling duration.
- Select how many seconds before the alarm was triggered to start the first still frame.
If you select Independent durations, do the following:
- Click Add an item ().
- In the Relative time option, select how many seconds before or after the alarm was triggered the still frame displays.
- In the Duration option, select how long the still frame is displayed for.
- Click Add.
Add additional still frames.
The duration of all the still frames cannot exceed the Total duration value.
If you select the Live and Playback or Live and still
frames option, you can configure picture-in-picture to display both live and
playback video or live and still frame video in the same tile.
- Click the Properties icon ().
- In the Video display configuration dialog box, from the Picture-in-picture list, choose what type of video you would like to be displayed in the inset window.
- From the Displayed at list, select where you would like the inset window to be displayed.
- Click .