When motion is detected on a motion zone, you can select which event is triggered when the motion period starts, and which one is triggered when it stops.
What you should know
- Motion on
- Default event triggered at the beginning of the motion period.
- Motion off
- Default event triggered at the end of the motion period.
Using custom events is useful when you have multiple motion zones. Each zone can be configured to detect motion in a different area of the camera’s field of view and generate different events. Having different events allows you to program different actions to respond to different situations.
- Open the Video task.
- Select the camera to configure, and click the Motion detection tab.
- Under Motion zone 1, click Events.
- In the Motion events dialog box, select which events will be triggered for the Motion on event and the Motion off event.
- Click OK, and then click Apply.
- If you have more than one motion zone configured, repeat the steps for each zone.