You can set schedules for when access to an elevator is controlled, and who can access the elevator with their credentials when access is controlled by applying access rules.
Before you begin
What you should know
Just like a door, elevator control requires access rules to determine who will be granted access, where and when. You can also assign unlock schedules to allow free access (no credentials required) during certain periods.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Area view task.
- Select the elevator entity, and click the Access tab.
- Under the Access rules section, click Add an item ().
Select the access rules to apply to the elevator, and click
The access rules determine which cardholders can access the elevator and when.
- For each access rule, click the Floor drop-down list, and select which floor the access rule applies to.
- Under the Exceptions section, click Add an item ().
- Select the schedules that you want apply exceptions to, and click Select.
- From the Floor column drop-down list, select which floors the exception applies to.
From the Mode column drop-down list, select whether the elevator
has free access or controlled access during the exception schedule.
- Free access
- Cardholders do not require a credential to access the elevator, and no access rules apply.
- Controlled access
- Cardholders require a credential to access the elevator, and access rules apply.
- Click Apply.