Before you can assign mobile credentials to cardholders and visitors, you must purchase the service of a mobile credential provider and configure the mobile credential profiles in your system.
Purchase one or more services from a mobile credential provider.
Before you begin
A mobile credential is a credential on a smartphone that uses Bluetooth or Near Field Communication (NFC) technology to access secured areas. Mobile credentials and card credentials are similar; they both follow standard credential formats such as Standard 26 bits and HID H10304 37 Bits.
What you should know
NOTE: If HID Global is your mobile credential provider, you must purchase a service (identified by a part number) for each credential format you want to support, specify how many credentials you intend to create, and specify what facility code you intend to use. For each service you purchase, you must configure a mobile credential profile in Security Center.
- Open the Access control task, and click the General settings view.
- In the Mobile credential providers section, click Add an item ().
In the Provider Type Selector dialog box, select a mobile
credential provider and click OK.
In the Mobile credential provider editor dialog box, enter the
- The name used to identify this credential profile in Security Center. Include the facility code and the card format in the name to help the operator select the correct profile.
- The description of this profile.
- (Read-only) Your mobile credential provider.
- Organization ID
- The numeric ID issued to your company by HID Global.
- Client ID
- The client ID associated to the system account you created on the HID Origo Management Portal.
- The password you created for your system account on the HID Origo Management Portal.
Click Load part numbers.
The part numbers you purchased from the mobile credential portal populate the Part number menu.
From the Part number list, select the part number corresponding
to your credential profile.
NOTE: The Card format and Facility code fields are automatically completed based on the part number you select. You can modify these fields as required.
- Part number
- The part number identifying the service you purchased.
- Card format
- The card format corresponding to the selected part number.
- Facility code
- The facility code corresponding to the selected part number.
- Click OK, and then click Apply.