To show mobile users on maps, you must enable tracking on the Mobile Server roles and location sharing on Genetec™ Mobile devices, and grant the View mobile users privilege to Security Desk users.
Mobile users are only displayed on georeferenced maps.
What you should know
NOTE: A mobile user might not show up correctly on a map that is georeferenced manually, such as a floor plan, because manual processes have a certain level of inaccuracy.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the System task, and click the Roles view.
Enable the tracking feature on your Mobile Server roles.
- Select the appropriate Mobile Server role and click the Properties tab.
- Select the Tracking option and click Apply.
Grant the View mobile users privilege to Security
- Open the User management task.
- Select the appropriate user or user group, and click the Privileges tab.
- In the Search field, enter Mobile and click Search ().
- On the View mobile users row, click Allow, and then click Apply.
Enable location sharing on Genetec™ Mobile
- Open the Settings app on your phone.
- Ensure that the Location service is enabled on your phone.
- Open the Security Center Mobile app.
- Go to the Settings page.
- Under Features, enable Share location.