(Only visible to users with the Access GUS web page privilege) To help you monitor and update your Security Center products with the Genetec™ Update Service (GUS), the Updates page provides access to the GUS application from Config Tool.
GUS is automatically installed with Security Center. You can use GUS to do the following:
- Update your Genetec™ products when a new release becomes available.
- Check for updates at regular intervals.
- Download update packages in the background. Updates must be manually installed.
- See when the system was last checked for updates.
- Automatically refresh the license in the background to ensure it is valid and the
expiration date is updated.NOTE: Applies to subscription systems only.
- Enable various features, such as the Genetec™ Improvement Program.
- Review your firmware versions, get notified of vulnerabilities or recommended upgrades, and download firmware updates as recommended by Security Center.
- Automatically update the license after a major Security Center upgrade.
For more information about using GUS, see About the Genetec™ Update Service.