If the logs for a door show far too many request to exit events for the actual amount of door activity, you can try to reduce the number of false request to exit events from the options in the door Properties tab.
What you should know
If your door is equipped with an automatic request to exit device (based on a motion detection sensor), sometimes a request to exit event is triggered when people are entering an area. Depending on the quality of the automatic request to exit device and how it is installed, the device might trigger on any activity near the door.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Area view task.
- Select the door that is causing the issues, and click the Properties tab.
Set the following Request to exit options as
- Time to ignore ‘Request to exit’ after granted access
- Ignore any requests to exits for this long after access has been granted.
- Unlock on request to exit
- Set to ON if a REX is being used, and you want to automatically grant the request to exit.
- Ignore ‘Request to exit’ events while door is open
- Do not generate REX when door is open.
- Time to ignore ‘Request to exit’ after door closure
- Once the door has closed, wait this long before generating any more Request to exit events.
- Click Apply.