You can view the information about a role's database, such as the database server and database versions, how much disk space is available, and a summary of the data it holds.
What you should know
All roles' database information are viewed from Config Tool, with the exception of the Directory database, which must be viewed from the Server Admin - Main Server page. The procedures are very similar in both cases. Therefore, only viewing from Config Tool is described here.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the System task, and click the Roles view.
- Select a role, and click the Resources tab.
Click Database info ().
The following information can be displayed, depending on the role:
- Database server version
- Software version of the database server.
- Database version
- Schema version of the role’s database.
- Approximate number of events
- (Also called Approximate number of archived events and Event count) Number of events that are stored in the role’s database.
- Source count (Archiver and Auxiliary Archiver only)
- Number of video sources (cameras) that have archives.
- Video file count (Archiver and Auxiliary Archiver only)
- Number of video files.
- Size on disk
- Size of the Database files.
- Approximate number of entities (Directory only)
- Number of entities (areas, cameras, doors, schedules, and so on) in the system.
- Approximate number of active alarms (Directory only)
- Number of active alarms (not yet acknowledged) in the system.
- Approximate number of archived alarms (Directory only)
- Number of past alarms available for reporting, excluding the active ones.