Virtual zones are controlled by the Zone Manager role. Virtual zones are used to combine inputs and trigger outputs that belong to different units of different types. Virtual zones can be armed and disarmed from Security Desk or using Arm zone and Disarm zone actions.
Virtual zone - Properties tab
- Zone Manager
- Zone Manager role that controls the virtual zone.
- Inputs combined to evaluate the zone state.
- Logical operator used to combine the input states to evaluate the zone state.
- Associated events
- Events representing the zone states. Select None if a zone state should be ignored.
- Normal state
- When the combination of inputs yields a zero (0).
- Active state
- When the combination of inputs yields a one (1).
- Trouble state
- Requires to have at least one supervised input. The zone is in the Trouble state when at least one of the input is in the Trouble state. The Trouble state supersedes all other states.
- Reactivation threshold
- The time period during which the same event should not be re-triggered.
Virtual zone - Arming tab
- Arming source
- Select the schedules corresponding to the periods when the zone is armed.
- Optional delays that give you time to leave the premises after arming the zone, and
time to disarm the zone after tripping a sensor.
- Arming delay
- Duration (mm:ss) you want between the time the zone is armed and the time the event triggers become active.
- Entry delay
- Duration (mm:ss) you want between the time the entry sensor is tripped and the time the events are triggered. This option allows you to disarm the zone before triggering the output relays.