Before you can monitor GPS units in Security Center, you must add them to the plugin role. You can add GPS unit entities to Security Center using a Sierra Wireless router as a push data source.
Configure the Vehicle Monitoring plugin to accept data sources.
Before you begin
For instructions on configuring your specific router model, refer to the manufacturer's documentation.
What you should know
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Area view task.
- Click Add an entity and select GPS unit.
- From the Model list, select Data source, and enter an entity Name.
Click the Properties tab. In the Data
source section, enter a unique identifier for the data
This identified is prefixed to each NMEA sentence sent from the router. If the router cannot prefix a unique identifier to the NMEA sentence, use the IP address of the router.
- From the router's configuration web page, select the GPS tab, and ensure that Enable is selected.
- In the GPS Sources section, ensure that Built-in GPS is selected.
- In the NMEA messaging section under Local, ensure that Broadcast LAN is selected, and that the Port matches what you configured in the Vehicle Monitoring plugin.
- Click Submit.
After you finish
- Verify that your system is receiving data from your data source. In Security Desk, drag the GPS unit entity to a monitoring tile. Ensure that the entity is online and that the Current data section is up to date.