Using geofenced areas of interest, you can automatically monitor movement, trigger events, and generate reports based on the entry and exit of AVL units from specific areas. If you do not have specific areas of interest to monitor, then you do not need to configure these settings.
Before you begin
- Create an AVL unit entity.
- Create a map area. For instructions, refer to the Security Center Administrator Guide.
What you should know
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Area view task.
- In the entity tree, select the AVL unit of interest, and then click the Areas of interest tab.
For the Receive events for option, select one of the
- All areas: All area entities are geofenced areas of interest.
- Specific areas: Only selected area entities are geofenced areas of interest.
- No areas: No area entities are geofenced areas of interest.
- If you selected Specific areas, click to add one or more areas to the Areas of interest list.
- Click Apply.