To set up a vehicle with Fleet Monitoring in Security Center after the necessary hardware has been installed, you must create a vehicle layout map and associate the entities.
Before you begin
- Install GPS unit and cameras in your vehicle.
- Create an image of your vehicle map. The format can be .png, .jpg, .pdf, and so on.
- Add a GPS unit and camera entities in Security Center.
A vehicle layout map is a map area within the vehicle, such as a bus. Like other map areas, you can position cameras and other entities in the map, define their fields of view, and so on.
What you should know
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Area view task.
- Click Add an entity and select Area.
In the Name field, enter a name.
Tip: For better search indexing, it is a best practice to include the vehicle type and identification number in the entity name.
- Enter other information as needed, and then click Apply.
Click Create map.
The Map designer task opens.
- Click Select file, open your vehicle map image file in the file browser window, and click Next.
- On the next page, select the Room option and click Create.
Place camera entities onto the map and configure the field of view (FOV) to
represent the view of each camera.
For more information about creating Security Center maps in Config Tool, refer to the Security Center Administrator Guide.
- (Optional) Place the GPS entity onto the map.
- In the entity tree of the Area view task, select the GPS unit and all the cameras associated with the vehicle and drag them into the map you just created.
In Security Desk, validate the GPS signal and system status, and then create a custom layout for the vehicle.