To use the Locate Me feature to find AVL units and ensure that your AVL units are displayed on the top layer of the map, you must first create and configure your default map in Config Tool.
Before you begin
- Install the Security Center Fleet Monitoring and Security Center Vehicle Monitoring plugins.
- Create and configure your AVL unit.
Create your map and map provider:
NOTE: If you already have already created your map and map provider, skip to step 4.
The Map designer task opens.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the System task, and click the Roles tab, and select Map manager.
- Click the Properties tab, and in the Map providers section, click Add an item ().
- From the Providers list, select your provider, and click Save.
- Open the Area view task, and in the entity tree, select an area for the map.
- Click the Identity tab, and click Create map.
Configure your new map:
- For your background, select Geographic.
- From the list of providers on the right, select the your provider.
- Click Create.
Configure your map to display AVL units on the top layer:
- In the Map designer task, click the Map layers ( icon.
- Select the AVL layer, and use the up arrow () to move it to the top of the stack.
- Click Save.
- Return to the Map manager role page, and click the Properties tab.
- From the Default map list, select the map area you created.
- Click Apply.