It is important to protect your data by scheduling regular database backups. Also, regularly clean your database to remove old data so that the database does not grow beyond its capacity. If the database is full, your integration might stop working.
Before you begin
What you should know
- The Directory database stores the plugin configuration and related entity types.
- The plugin role database stores the events and the entity configuration.
- The plugin role database contains plugin properties, related entities, events, and alarms associated with vehicle systems.
- It is a best practice to schedule all database maintenance during non-peak hours.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Plugins task.
- Select the plugin role from the entity browser and click the Resources tab.
Click Cleanup (), choose how long to keep events and when to delete old
data, and then click OK.
Click Backup/Restore (), choose the location for backup files, enable
automatic backups at least once per week, and then click
For more information, see Backing up databases.
- Click Apply.