In the Vehicle route playback task in Security Desk, you can play back an AVL unit's location, camera feeds, and other associated data values for a specified time frame.
What you should know
- Using the graph tile, you can view a visual representation of an AVL unit's speed and acceleration. If configured,you can also view other metadata such as ADA stop requests, stop requests, and the use of brakes, ramps, left or right turn signals, and wipers.
- You can configure what metadata can be monitored from the GPS unit's Metadata tab.
- You can color boolean metadata values based on their state by enabling coloring.
Open the Vehicle route playback task by doing one of the
The Route playback task opens.
- From the My offloads task, select the offload you want to view and click Play (). The Route playback task opens and playback begins.
- From the Security Desk homepage, open the Vehicle route playback task.
If you chose to open the Vehicle route playback from the
Security Desk homepage, select the AVL units and entities you want to
The selected entities and their associated location data, metadata, map, graphs, and cameras are displayed in monitoring tiles.
- To open all entities from a recent offload, in the Choose
entities section, click Use recent
offload (), and select the
offload whose entities you want to view.NOTE: You can filter the recent offloads by user and requested time. The Service user represents automatic offloads triggered by the system.
- To manually select the AVL units to view, in the Choose entities section, click and select the AVL units.
- To open all entities from a recent offload, in the Choose entities section, click Use recent offload (), and select the offload whose entities you want to view.
- In the Time frame section, set the time frame to play back.
- Optional: In the Settings section, set the Stale data threshold duration, in minutes, before the icon of an inactive AVL unit changes to stale.
In the Playback section, click
The route playback begins with all tiles synchronized.
To view a different part of the playback, go to the
Playback section or a playing video tile and adjust the
NOTE: Tiles do not display data if the camera or entity in question was not active during the selected time period.
- To resynchronize the video and route playback, go to the Playback section and click Resync all ().
- To enable audio playback, go to the Playback section and click Listen ().
To change the current tile pattern, from the Tile
pattern list, select a tile pattern preset.
NOTE: The default tile pattern adjusts to display all selected entities.
Export the vehicle route playback.