Secure mode is available for HID units that support it. When it is enabled, Telnet, FTP, and SSH protocols are disabled, and communication between the HID access control unit and the Access Manager role is encrypted.
Before you begin
What you should know
- It is best practice to enable Secure mode on HID access control units because it
protects against packet sniffing, replay attacks, and injection attacks.
For supported firmware versions, refer to the Security Center Release Notes.
- You can enable Secure mode on HID units when enrolling them in Security Center or after they are enrolled.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Access control task, and click the Roles and units view.
- From the entity browser, select an access control unit, and click the Properties tab.
- In the Connection settings section, enter the Admin password.
In the General settings section, select Secure
- Click Apply.