For maximum security, we recommend changing your Synergis™ unit administrator passwords on a regular basis.
What you should know
If you manage passwords manually, or use an external tool that does not ensure maximum password complexity, we recommend changing passwords every 3 months or earlier.
- From the Config Tool home page, open .
Click Scheduled task ().
A new scheduled task is added to the entity list.
- Enter a name for the new scheduled task.
- Click the Properties tab for the scheduled task, and switch Status to Active.
For Recurrence, select Yearly and
specify a day and time to run the task.
For example, on January 1st at midnight.
- For Action, select Update unit password.
- For Entities, select one or more supported Synergis™ units.
- Click Apply.
Create a second scheduled task following the same procedure.
This time, schedule the task to run six months after the previous scheduled task, for example, on July 1st, and apply it to the same Synergis™ units.