To connect the SharpV web portal using an HTTPS connection, you must obtain a certificate that is either self-signed or issued by a trusted certificate authority (CA) and install it on the SharpV camera.
What you should know
- Log on to the Sharp Portal.
- From the Configuration menu, select the Security page.
- Click + Signing request.
Enter the required information for the certificate signing request and click
The message Operation succeeded is displayed and the signing request is added to the certificate list with not signed displayed for the Issuer.
- The "Country" field requires a two-letter country code.
- If you are also using the certificate to connect to the Archiver, the Sharp's common name (Sharp's IP address if connecting to the Archiver) defined in the certificate must be the SharpV IP address, not the SharpV name.
- Click on the certificate to display the Certificate details.
Click Copy to clipboard.
Send the certificate signing request to a certificate authority.
IMPORTANT: Do not delete the signing request if it has been used to request a certificate.
You will receive an SSL certificate signed by the certificate authority.
- In the Certificate Details window, click Install signed certificate then browse to the certificate location and click Open.
The system displays the message "Installed signed certificate... successful".
Refresh the browser (F5).
The certificate is displayed in the Certificate list.
- Select the Active check box for the certificate and click Save and Reboot.