For security purposes, individual users should be assigned the minimum required privileges. Security Center features many templates with predefined sets of privileges, such as Operator, Investigator, Supervisor, and so on.
What you should know
To help you better understand what your users can do, Security Center includes a Privilege troubleshooter. Use the troubleshooter to verify access rights and help you fix issues.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the User management task.
- Select the user to configure, and click the Privileges tab.
Use one of the predefined privilege configurations as your starting point.
At the bottom of the page, click (), and select one of the following:
- Apply template
- Select one of the privilege templates to apply.
Privilege templates can be combined. This means that when you apply a privilege template, you always add privileges. Existing privileges can never be removed as a result of applying a privilege template. To start with a clean slate, go to the top of the privilege hierarchy (All privileges) and click Undefined.
- Set configuration to read-only
- Set all entity configuration privileges found under the Administrative privileges group to View properties with Modify properties denied.
- Set configuration to read-write
- Set all entity configuration privileges found under the Administrative privileges group to View, Modify, Add, and Delete.
Fine tune the user privileges by changing the individual privilege settings if
Keep in mind that if your user has a parent user group, the privilege inheritance rules apply.
- Grant the privilege to the user. You cannot select this option if the privilege is denied to the parent user group.
- Deny the privilege to the user.
- Inherit this privilege from the parent user group. If there is not parent user group, this privilege is denied.
If necessary, configure the privilege exceptions for each partition the user has access
At the bottom of the page, click Exceptions ().
The Privilege exception dialog box opens.
- In the Create an exception for drop-down list, select a partition.
Change the user's basic privileges as required.
The privilege exceptions are added at the bottom of the privilege list.
- At the bottom of the page, click Exceptions ().
- Click Apply.