The License Plate Management (LPM) protocol provides a Sharp camera with a secure and reliable connection to Security Center. When The LPM protocol is enabled on a Sharp camera, the protocol manages the camera’s connection to the ALPR Manager role.
Before you begin
- Minimum SharpOS version: 12.7NOTE: If your camera was shipped with SharpOS 12.7 or later, the LPM protocol is automatically enabled when adding the camera to the ALPR role.
- Minimum Security Center version: 5.8
What you should know
- In addition to upgrading an existing camera to SharpOS 12.7 or later, this procedure updates the Directory database to allow Sharp units to use the LPM protocol.
- If the LPM protocol is enabled on the camera, Security Center can only connect to the camera using the LPM protocol.
- If a camera uses the LPM protocol to connect to Security Center, its extension type in the will be Security Center (LPM Protocol).
- The LPM protocol can be disabled, but you can not revert to the WCF protocol.
- From the Config Tool home page, click the ALPR task and select Roles and units.
- Select the ALPR Manager role from the drop-down list.
- Expand the list of cameras under the ALPR Manager and select the SharpV camera.
At the bottom of the screen, click Unit and select
Upgrade to LPM protocol
The Upgrade to LPM Protocol window opens.
- Enter a Name for the camera.
- Enter the IPv4 or IPv6 IP address of the camera.
Enter the Port of the camera. Use port 443 for HTTPS
NOTE: Avoid entering port 8001, as it refers to the legacy connectivity port. Connecting to this port will prevent Sharp units from using the LPM protocol and will cause them to fall back to less secure legacy protocol.
From the Location list, assign the camera to an area
- Click Next.
- Enter the Username and Password used to log onto the Sharp Portal and click Next.
- Review the settings and click Create.
- The new camera is added under the selected ALPR Manager.
- The Sharp
Portal shows that the camera is
connected to Security Center.