The Security Center Client installation option installs Config Tool and Security Desk by default.
Right-click either setup.exe (standalone version) or
SecurityCenterWebSetup.exe (web version) and click
Run as administrator to launch the Security
NOTE: Only the standalone InstallShield Wizard is illustrated in this procedure.
On the Setup Language selection page, select either
English or French, and click Next.
The Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard screen appears.
On the Welcome page, click Next.
Links are provided to view relevant Security Center documentation online, or in PDF format.
- On the License Agreement page, read the terms in the Software License Agreement, select I accept the terms in the license agreement, and then click Next.
On the Custom Setup page, select
Client, and the client applications you want to
install. You can choose from the following:
- Config Tool
- Allows you to configure all Security Center components.
- Security Desk
- Allows you to efficiently control and monitor multiple security and public safety applications.
- Omnicast™ Compatibility Packs
- If Omnicast™ systems will be federated, select the required Omnicast™ compatibility packs.
To change the installation folder, click Change, and
You can only change the root folder where the product subfolder (Genetec Security Center 5.7) will be created. On a 64-bit machine, the default root folder is C:\Program Files (x86).
On the Genetec™ Security Center Language Selection page,
select the user interface language for Security
Center applications, and click
NOTE: Online help for Security Center applications is not available in all languages. For language availability, see About the documentation in Security Center 5.7 GA.Tip: After the installation, you can change the user interface language any time using the Language Tool found in the Tools subfolder of the Genetec™ Security Center program group.
On the Firewall Rules page, select Allow
5.7 to create necessary firewall rules for its
applications, and click Next.
This option ensures that the internal Windows Firewall security rules are configured correctly.NOTE: You must also configure the Security Center ports on your corporate firewall after the installation.
On the WinPcap Installation page, select the
Install WinPcap option and click
This dialog box does not appear if WinPcap 4.1.3 is already installed. With this option, you can capture diagnostic data for units and other services in Security Center. This data is used by the Genetec™ Technical Support team if you require assistance. If the WinPcap installation does not start immediately you will be prompted to install it at a later time.
On the Security Settings page, select one of the following
- (Default) Select the default security settings.
- Whitelist the identity certificate of the first Directory this machine connects to, if the certificate is self-signed.
- Turn off the basic authentication for cameras.
- Automatically check for software updates.
- Custom (Advanced)
- Select this option to configure your own security settings on the next page.
- Click Next.
If you selected the Custom (Advanced) option in the
previous page, configure the following options:
- Always validate the Directory certificate
- Select this option to force all client and server applications on
the current machine to validate the identity certificate of the
Directory before connecting to it.Best Practice: If you choose to enable Directory authentication, it is best to use a certificate issued by a trusted certificate authority (CA). Otherwise, the first time a connection is made from this computer to the Directory, the user is prompted to confirm the identity of the Directory server.
For more information, see What is Directory authentication?.
- Turn off basic authentication
- Basic camera authentication is turned off by default to prevent
camera credentials from being compromised when the Archiver connects
to a video unit.IMPORTANT: When this option is selected, cameras that only support basic authentication cannot be used in Security Center.NOTE: If necessary, you can configure this option individually for each camera manufacturer extension in Config Tool from the Archiver's Extensions tab.
- Automatically check for security and enhancement updates for Genetec™ products
- Select this option to allow Genetec™ Update Service to check automatically for updates of all installed Genetec™ products.
Select I acknowledge that I have read and understood the
implications of selecting these security settings, and click
The Genetec™ Security Center Installer opens and starts the installation.
If you chose to install WinPcap 4.1.3, the WinPcap 4.1.3 Setup
- In the WinPcap 4.1.3 Setup Wizard, follow the installation instructions.
- On the Installation options page, select the Automatically start the WinPcap driver at boot time option, and click Install.
- Click Finish, and continue with the Security Center installation.
(Optional) When the Installation Completed page opens,
click View Installation logs to open the folder that
contains the Installation logs that can be viewed in Notepad.
- Click Finish.
After you finish
- Configure the Security Center ports on your corporate firewall.