If your Security Center installation on a Windows 10 machine is interrupted with the return code 0x800f081f, you must use your Windows 10 installation disk (or a virtual copy of it) to turn on .NET Framework 3.5, and rerun the Security Center installation.
What you should know
- Get a copy of the Windows 10 installation disk (or a virtual copy of it) from your IT department, and make sure it is accessible from the computer where Security Center needs to be installed.
Open a command prompt with full administrator rights.
For more information, see Windows 10: Elevated Command Prompt.
Enter the following command:
DISM /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFx3 /All /Source:F:\sources\sxs
where F: is the drive letter where the installation disk or virtual disk with the Windows 10 setup files are located.
The command prompt will run through a repair and activation of the .NET framework feature.
- Close the command prompt.
- Right-click the Start button on the Windows taskbar, and click .
- In the Windows Features dialog box, click .NET Framework 3.5, and then click OK.
- Rerun the Security Center installation.