If you need to completely remove Security Center from your system, including all data, configuration settings, and video archives, prior to re-installing it, you must perform a series of steps.
What you should know
If you are uninstalling a previous version of Security Center Client and a Security Center 5.7 Server is installed on the same computer, the server component is also uninstalled. You will need to reinstall the Security Center Server.
Take note of the following:
- The service logon username and password for all your servers.
- The name of the database server used to manage the Directory database.
- In Server Admin, backup the Directory database by clicking Backup/Restore under the Database section in the Directory tab.
- Backup the database of each role configured in the system.
- Close all Security Center applications (Security Desk, Config Tool, and Server Admin).
- Click .
- In the Programs and Features window, right-click Genetec Security Center Installer, and then click Uninstall.
- In the Remove the Program dialog box, click Remove.
When the message Uninstallation Completed appears, click
Genetec™Security Center 5.7, the installer program, and all Omnicast™ Compatibility Packs, are removed.
- (Optional) If you do not want to keep database information, including video archives, uninstall the SQL Server.
- In the Windows Start menu, type regedit, and then press ENTER.
Make a copy of the following folders if you want to keep them for future
reference, and then delete them.
- On 32-bit systems: C:\Program Files\Genetec Security Center 5.7
- On 64-bit systems: C:\Program Files (x86)\Genetec Security Center 5.7
- On all systems:
- C:\ProgramData\Genetec Security Center
- C:\ProgramData\Genetec Security Center 5.7
- C:\ProgramData\Genetec Update Service
- C:\ProgramData\AppData\Local\Genetec Security Center 5.7
- C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Genetec Inc
- C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Genetec Security Center 5.7
- C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\IsolatedStorageNOTE: You may not be able to delete this folder if other applications are using it.
(Optional) Delete the video archives (G64 files) created by the Archiver.
IMPORTANT: Do not delete the video archives if you keep the Archiver database.