To have the latest version of Security Center, you can upgrade from an earlier version (5.4 through 5.6) to 5.7 in a single step.
Before you begin
- Read the things you need to know and do before you upgrade.
- Read the differences between Security Center 5.x and 5.7 privileges.
- Read the differences between LPR Manager 5.x and 5.7.
- Read the differences between Web Client 4.x and 5.7.
- If upgrading from 5.4, read the differences between Server Admin 5.4 and 5.7.
What you should know
Not all tasks and roles work in backward compatibility mode. If you plan to upgrade your system in stages, make sure that the features that are essential to your operation are supported. See Backward compatibility requirements for Security Center.
- If Omnicast™ systems were federated to your previous Security Center system, uninstall the previously installed compatibility packs.
Do one of the following:
- If you have multiple Directory system, upgrade all your Directory servers at the same time.
- If you have a single Directory system, upgrade your main server.
Upgrade the rest of your system according to your priorities and
If both Security Center Client and Server are installed on the same machine, upgrade them together.IMPORTANT: Make sure to note and apply the same settings as used for your previous installation: passwords, databases, ports, general properties, and so on.
After you finish
- Starting from 5.7 GA, many privileges that used to be exclusive to
administrators can now be granted individually. Although your previous settings
will continue to work, you might want to use this opportunity to revise the
privileges of your user groups, granting to each group only the privileges they
need.CAUTION:Users who were system administrators or partition administrators before the upgrade to 5.7 will keep their privileges. Users who were not adminsitrators who had either the privilege to change logical IDs or to create event-to-actions will loose these privileges after the upgrade. If you want them to keep these privileges, you must grant them explicitly the Modify logical IDs privilege or the Modify event-to-actions privilege.
- If the file
AllowedSynchronizationConfiguration.xml was used to
set the synchronization times of your HID VertX units, the settings must be
re-applied manually from Config
Tool after the
upgrade.Tip: Configure one unit with the required synchronization settings, then use the Copy configuration tool to set the same settings on multiple units.
- If AutoVu™ is enabled, migrate the LPR databases to the Security Center 5.7 GA structure.