The Security Center license is activated on the main server. You must activate your Security Center license after you install Security Center on the main server, and when you promote an expansion server to a main server. If you do not have Internet access, you can activate your Security Center license manually using a combination of Server Admin and GTAP.
Before you begin
- System ID and password
- The System ID and password are found in the Security Center License Information document. Genetec™ Customer Service sends you this document when you purchase the product.
- Server password
- The server password is used to log on to Server Admin. The server password is set during the installation.
Open the Server
Admin web page by
doing one of the following:
- In the address bar of your web browser, type
computer is the DNS name or the IP address of your
server, and port is the web server port specified during
You can omit the web server port if you are using the default value (80).
- If connecting to Server Admin from the local host, double-click Genetec™Server Admin () in the Genetec Security Center folder in the Windows Start menu.
- In the address bar of your web browser, type http://computer:port/Genetec, where computer is the DNS name or the IP address of your server, and port is the web server port specified during the Security Center Server installation.
Enter the server password that you set during the server installation, and
click Log on.
The Server Admin Overview page appears.
Do one of the following:
- Click License at the top of the Server Admin browser window.
- Click Modify under the License section of the Server Admin Overview page.
In the License management dialog box, click
Manual activation, and then under
Validation key, click Save to
The validation key is a sequence of numbers (in hexadecimal text format) generated by Security Center that uniquely identifies your server. The validation key is used to generate the license key that unlocks your Security Center software. The license key that is generated can only be applied to the server identified by the validation key.A text file named validation.vk is saved to your default Downloads folder. Make sure you copy this file to a location (this can be a USB key) that you can access from another computer that has Internet access.
From another computer with Internet access, log on to GTAP at: https://gtap.genetec.com.
On the GTAP login page, do one of the following:
The browser opens to the System Information page.
- Enter the System ID and the Password specified in the Security Center License Information document, and click Login.
- Enter your GTAP user account (your email address) and Password, and
- On the Genetec Portal - Home page, click Activate new system.
- From the System ID drop-down list, select your system, and click Submit.
Scroll down to the License information section and click
In the dialog box that opens, browse to your validation key (.vk file), and
The message License activation successful appears.
Click Download License, and save the license key to a
The default name is your System ID followed by _Directory_License.lic.
- Return to Server Admin which is connected to your Security Center main server.
In the License management dialog box, do one of the
- Paste your license information from the license key file (open with a text editor).
- Browse for the license key (.lic file), and click Open.
Your license information appears in the License section of the Server Admin Overview page.
Click Details to view your license options in a dialog
Your license options are divided into eight tabs. For more information, see License options in Security Center.
- Click Close, and then close your browser window.