A silent installation is an automated way of installing software without user intervention. The silent installation is run from the command line using the Security Center setup.exe executable, and Windows Installer commands.
You can customize the following options from the command line:
- Installation language
- Application language
- Client or Server installation path
- Client or Server features to install
- Server username and password for running the services
- Server and database name
Take note of the following limitations before performing a silent installation:
- You cannot update your license in silent mode. You’ll need to run the Server Admin application after installing Security Center to activate the license.
A command line is limited to a maximum of 850 characters.Tip: One way to shorten the command line length is to reduce the installation path length. This can be achieved by copying the installation files onto a local drive.
- You cannot use mapped drives in your path specifications.
- You cannot install WinPcap (utility for capturing diagnostic data) in silent mode.