The images associated with the reads and hits are stored on disk in G64 files by an Archiver. You can estimate the disk space required to store these images if you know the average number of reads and hits processed by the LPR Manager per day.
- One context camera image (in either high resolution or low resolution)
- One LPR camera image (cropped to show only the license plate)
- One context camera thumbnail image
- One LPR camera thumbnail image
The size of the image set depends on the model of the Sharp camera and whether the context camera is configured to take images in high resolution or low resolution.
Disk space = (ReadsPD x ImageSize x ReadIRP) + (HitsPD x ImageSize x HitIRP)
- Average number of reads per day.
- Estimated image size per read (depends on the Sharp model and configuration).
- Read image retention period (see LPR Manager's Properties tab).
- Average number of hits per day.
- Hit image retention period (see LPR Manager's Properties tab).
If your Patroller vehicles are equipped with wheel imaging cameras, double the number of hits per day in your formula (there are typically one wheel image per hit).
|Type of image||Sharp VGA or XGA||SharpV|
|Context camera image (high res. config.)||~50 KB||~120 KB|
|Context camera image (low res. config.)||~18 KB||-|
|LPR camera image (cropped)||~3 KB||~3 KB|
|Context camera thumbnail image||~3 KB||~3 KB|
|LPR camera thumbnail image||~1 KB||~1 KB|
|Image size per read (high res. config.)||~57 KB||~127 KB|
|Image size per read (low res. config.)||~25 KB||-|
If the Archiver is assigned to more than one LPR Manager, add the numbers for all LPR Manager roles together.