To benefit from the latest enhancements to Security Center, you must upgrade the expansion servers. To upgrade, install Security Center Server onto the expansion servers, and follow the instructions in the InstallShield Wizard.
Before you begin
- If you are migrating from Omnicast™ 4.x, you must migrate the servers from Omnicast™ to Security Center instead of upgrading them.
- Back up all role databases accessed from your expansion server you are upgrading.
What you should know
If a reboot warning message box opens during the upgrade, accept the message and continue with the upgrade procedure. You must reboot after completing the upgrade.
5.7 on your expansion server.
Use the Expansion server installation type.The installer automatically detects an earlier version of Security Center software and upgrades it to 5.7.
- If you are upgrading a Directory server (Failover Directory configuration), make sure that on the Directory Database Backup page, you clear the option Automatically back up the Directory database before restarting the system to avoid backing up the Directory database twice.
- If an LPR Manager is hosted on this server, enable it by assigning an Archiver to it.
- Repeat the steps for all expansion servers in your system.
After you finish
To verify that all servers in your system are active, log on to the main server with Config Tool. In the Network view task, all the servers in your system should be shown in black, which means they are active. If some of the roles are still not active, you might need to upgrade the Directory database.