When you are ready to install Security Center, you must perform the following steps.
Go through the pre-installation checklist.
Before you begin
What you should know
- If you need to install the Security Center Server on a computer after you have installed Security Center Client, always use the downloaded Security Center package. Using the Change option from Programs and Features does not install the SQL Server Express component.
- The Security Center Installer does not support the use of mapped drives in your path specifications.
- During the Security Center installation, you are given the option of allowing Security Center to create firewall rules for its applications. If you select this option, all Security Center applications are added as exceptions to the internal Windows firewall. However, you still must ensure that all the ports used by Security Center are open on your network.
- You can configure different port numbers than the ones that are used by default.
- If you are running Security Center on a Windows machine that has Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) mode enabled, following the installation you must disable the machine's FIPS compliance checks for Security Center.
(Optional) Install SQL
Server on a separate drive from the OS drive.
SQL Server Express is typically installed automatically with Security Center. Installing SQL Server separately depends on your deployment requirements.
- Install Security Center components on the main server that will host the Directory role.
- Activate your product license on the main server.
Make sure that all ports used by Security
Center are open and redirected for
firewall and network address translation purposes.
For more information, see Which ports are used in Security Center 5.8?.
- Configure Genetec™ Update Service (GUS).
- (Optional) Install Security Center components on expansion servers that will connect to the main server to add processing power to your Security Center system.
- Install Security Center Client (Config Tool, Security Desk, or both).
Go through the post-installation checklist.