You must reactivate your Security Center license with a new validation key, every time you add or remove servers from the list of Directory servers.
Before you begin
- System ID and password
- The System ID and password are found in the Security Center License Information document. Genetec™ Customer Service sends you this document when you purchase the product.
What you should know
- From the Config Tool home page, open the System task, and click the Roles view.
Select the Directory Manager () role, and click the Directory
Click Modify license for all servers.
The License management dialog box opens.
In the License management dialog box, activate your license in
one of the following ways:
IMPORTANT: Send the composite validation key (comprising all Directory servers); otherwise, the license reactivation fails silently and the Directory failover does not work.A dialog box showing your license information opens.
- Web activation
- (Recommended) Reactivate your license from the Internet.
In the dialog box that appears, enter your System ID and Password, and click Activate.
- Manual activation
- If your Config Tool workstation has no Internet access, reactivate your Security Center license manually using a license file.
From the License drop-down list, you can select an option to view what is included in your license.
- Click Apply to close the dialog box, and click Apply at the bottom of the Config Tool window to save your changes.