If you want to install Security Center on a computer running Windows Server 2012, you have to manually activate the Media Foundation feature. It is not necessary for Windows Server 2016, but it is faster to activate the feature manually than to let the installer do it for you.
- Open Server Manager and click Add roles and features.
- If the Before you begin page is displayed, click Next.
- Select Role-based or feature-based installation as the installation type and click Next.
- Select the appropriate server, and click Next.
- On the Select server roles page, click Next.
- On the Select features page, select Media Foundation and click .
- Select the option Restart the destination server automatically if required for the server to automatically restart and apply changes after completing the installation.