If you need to completely remove Security Center from your system, including all data, configuration settings, and video archives, prior to re-installing it, you must perform a series of steps.
What you should know
If you are uninstalling a previous version of Security Center Client and a Security Center 5.9 Server is installed on the same computer, the server component is also uninstalled. You will need to reinstall the Security Center Server.
Take note of the following:
- The service logon username and password for all your servers.
- The name of the database server used to manage the Directory database.
- In Server Admin, backup the Directory database by clicking Backup/Restore under the Database section in the Directory tab.
- Backup the database of each role configured in the system.
- Close all Security Center applications (Security Desk, Config Tool, and Server Admin).
- From the Windows Control Panel, open the Programs and Features applet.
- In the Programs and Features window, right-click Genetec Security Center Installer, and then click Uninstall.
- In the Remove the Program dialog box, click Remove.
When the message Uninstallation Completed appears, click
Genetec™Security Center 5.9, the installer program, and all Omnicast™ Compatibility Packs, are removed.
- (Optional) If you do not want to keep database information, including video archives, uninstall the SQL Server.
- In the Windows Start menu, type regedit, and then press ENTER.
In the Registry Editor, export the following keys to keep them for
future reference, and then delete them from the registry.
- On 32-bit systems: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Genetec
- On 64-bit systems: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Genetec
Delete the cache data.
- C:\ProgramData\Genetec Update Service\SharedGpacks
- C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Genetec Security Center 5.9\VideoCache
Make a copy of the following folders if you want to keep them for future
reference, and then delete them.
- On 32-bit systems: C:\Program Files\Genetec Security Center 5.9
- On 64-bit systems: C:\Program Files (x86)\Genetec Security Center 5.9
- On all systems:
- C:\ProgramData\Genetec Security Center
- C:\ProgramData\Genetec Security Center 5.9
- C:\ProgramData\Genetec Update Service
- C:\ProgramData\AppData\Local\Genetec Security Center 5.9
- C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Genetec Inc
- C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Genetec Security Center 5.9
- C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\IsolatedStorageNOTE: You may not be able to delete this folder if other applications are using it.
(Optional) Delete the video archives (G64 files) created by the Archiver.
IMPORTANT: Do not delete the video archives if you keep the Archiver database.