The Security Center 5.9 Installer upgrades the Directory database as part of the main server upgrade. You only need to upgrade the Directory database manually if you restored an older version of the database.
After restoring an older version of the Directory database, Server Admin notifies you that a database update is required.
What you should know
Best Practice: Before you upgrade, back up your database in a secure location that is separate from your main server.
Do one of the following:
The Directory database update starts, and the database server status shows Upgrading.
- Click Database with the flashing red LED.
- Click Database update () in the Directory section.
While the database is being upgraded, click Show
to view the progress of the upgrade.
When the upgrade is completed, the Status shows OK.
- Click Database properties () to confirm the version of the database and the number of entities in the database.
- Log off from Server Admin, and then log on to Config Tool.
- Open the System task, and select Roles.
- Select the Archiver role, and click Resources.
In the Actions section, click Database
update () .
After the upgrade is complete, the Database status indicates Connected.
- Repeat the steps for every role that requires a database update. The roles on your system vary depending on your license options.
Shrink the Archiver database, and if necessary, other databases that you have upgraded.