For the Security Center Directory role to run, service users who are not Windows administrators (login name SYSADMIN) must be granted the View server state SQL Server permission.
What you should know
For more information about SQL Server roles and their capabilities, see your Microsoft documentation.
To grant SQL Server permissions:
- Execute the following query:
GRANT VIEW SERVER STATE TO [login name].
- Manually modify the user permissions as follows:
- Right-click on the appropriate SQL Server instance and select Properties.
- Click the Permissions page.
- Under Logins or roles, select the user or role you want to modify.
- In the Permissions section, click the Explicit tab and select the Grant checkbox beside the View server state permission.
- Click OK.