The Security Center installation packages contain the setup program that helps you to install everything you need to get the product working.
The Security Center installation packages are zip files that you can download from the GTAP Product Download page, at https://gtap.genetec.com/SystemManagement/DownloadSection/. Note, you'll need a username and password to log on to GTAP.
- This is the web installer. The web installer is a small installation wizard that does not contain software packages. To retrieve the required software packages, the wizard connects to Genetec™ servers and downloads the components necessary for the features you choose to install.
- Full installation package
- Download the full installation package if your computers do not have access to the
Internet. This is a standalone package. You don't need anything else outside this
package.The full installation package contains the following:
- Found in the root folder, this is the AutoRun-enabled version of the standalone installer.
- Security Center Setup.exe
- Found in the SC Packages folder, this is the standalone installer.
- SC Packages
- This folder contains all the components (in separate subfolders) that you might need for your Security Center installation. All the Security Center installation prerequisites are found here.
- This folder contains the PDF versions of the Security Center Installation and Upgrade Guide along with the Release Notes.
You can run the Security Center Installer in two modes:
- Wizard mode
- The InstallShield Wizard for Security Center
Installer is a user friendly interface that guides you through the installation steps
through a series of questions and runs the installer for you with the options you
selected. There are two versions of the installer:
- Web version
- Run the web version of the installer if your computer is connected to the
Internet. To run the web installer, download the file
SecurityCenterWebSetup.exe from GTAP and double-click
At the beginning of the installation, you have the option to create a custom installation bundle that includes only the components that you need for your installation. This bundle is meant to replicate the current installation on machines with the same Windows setup.NOTE: To create the custom installation bundle, you must select this option while you are installing or upgrading Security Center. After the version you want has been installed, you cannot re-run the web setup to create the custom bundle.
- Standalone version
- Run the standalone version of the installer if your computer is not connected to the Internet. To run the standalone installer, download the full installation package from GTAP, copy the package to the target computer, and double-click setup.exe found in the root folder of the package.
- Silent mode
- The silent mode is used to run the installer from the command line, without user intervention.
The Security Center Installer is available in English and French, but the Security Center software can be installed in more than twenty different languages. The installer language is selected from the Security Center Installation startup screen.