After you install Security Center on the main server or promote an expansion server to a main server, you must activate your Security Center license on the main server. If you do not have Internet access, you can activate your Security Center license using manual activation from Server Admin and GTAP.
Open the Server
Admin web page by
doing one of the following:
- If connecting to Server Admin from the local host, double-click Genetec™ Server Admin () in the Genetec Security Center folder in the Windows Start menu.
- If your are not on the main server, type
https://computer:port/Genetecin your web browser, where
computeris the hostname or the IP address of your server and
portis the web server port specified during the Security Center expansion server installation.
Enter the server password that you set during the server installation, and
click Log on.
The Server Admin Overview page opens.
In the License section, click
In the License management dialog box, click
Manual activation, and then under
Validation key, click Save to
The validation key is a sequence of numbers (in hexadecimal text format) generated by Security Center that uniquely identifies your server. The validation key is used to generate the license key that unlocks your Security Center software. The license key can only be applied to the server identified by the validation key.A text file named validation.vk is saved to your default Downloads folder. Copy the file to a USB key or a location that you can access from a computer that has internet access.
From a computer with internet access, open the Genetec™ Technical Assistance Portal
(GTAP) at: https://gtap.genetec.com.
On the Login page, do one of the following:
- Enter your system ID and password, and then click
Your system ID and password are specified in the Security Center License Information document. Our Customer Service team sends you this document when you purchase the product.
- Enter your GTAP user account (your email address) and password, and then click Login
- Enter your system ID and password, and then click Login.
- From the GTAP home page, click System Management.
On the System Management page, type your system ID and
The System Information page opens.
In the License information section, click
- In the dialog box that opens, browse to your validation key (.vk file), and click Submit.
When you receive the License activation successful message,
click Download under License Key and
save the license key to a file.
The default file name is your system ID, followed by _Directory_License.lic.
- Return to the Server Admin that is connected to your Security Center main server.
In the License management dialog box, do one of the
- Paste your license information from the license key file (open with a text editor).
- Browse for the license key (.lic file), and click Open.
Your license information appears in the License section of the Server Admin Overview page.