It is assumed that you are familiar with the concept of clustering and how to install and configure the NEC ExpressCluster X Edition for Windows.
- NEC clusters can be set up with several different configurations. Note that we are using their High availability cluster configuration using mirror disks with 2 nodes.
- The NEC software should be installed on the servers’ C:/ drive, not a mirrored disk.
- The identical folder path is required on both servers for the NEC software installation.
- NEC cluster licenses will be required after the installation.
- DO NOT reboot either server until the NEC ExpressCluster has been installed on both.
- Apart from installing the cluster software on two servers, you will also need to install the NEC WebManager on a workstation. This application is used to manage the cluster.
For more information about the NEC ExpressCluster X Edition for Windows, see the NEC documentation supplied with the NEC ExpressCluster software, or available at http://support.necam.com/EnterpriseSW/EC/