As part of configuring Security Center Server for a clustered environment, you must move the server’s license file to a non-mirrored folder, and move the configuration files to a mirrored disk.
On both servers, stop the Genetec™ Watchdog service and the Genetec™
- Click .
- Select the Genetec™ Watchdog service and click Stop Service on the toolbar at the top of the page.
- Select the Genetec Server service and click Stop Service on the toolbar at the top of the page.
- Minimize, but don’t close the Services window.
- Move the Genetec™ Server’s license file (license.gconfig) from C:\Program Files\Genetec Security Center 5.9\ConfigurationFiles to the Security Center root folder (C:\Program Files\Genetec Security Center 5.9).
Using Notepad, paste the following text into an empty text
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <configurationPath path="N:\Genetec Security Center 5.9\ConfigurationFiles"> <forceRoot name="License"/> </configurationPath>
This file contains four lines. It will point to your mirrored data drive (“N:” is used in the example) as the location of your configuration files and your local root folder as the location of your license file. If your mirrored data drive is configured differently, adjust the file with your mirrored drive path.
- Save the text file with the name ConfigurationPath.gconfig in your Security Center root folder (C:\Program Files\Genetec Security Center 5.9)
- Repeat the steps on your standby server.
A supplementary server configuration file called ConfigurationPath.gconfig is created. This file tells the server to look in an alternative path for your configuration files (the mirrored data drive) and an alternative path for the server license.