With each release, new features, enhancements, or resolved issues are added to the product.
- Event-to-action enhancements for video analytics events
- When you create event-to-actions for video analytics events you can now specify a condition. For more information, see Adding conditions when creating event-to-actions for video analytics events.
- Video export and Genetec™ Video Player
- The video export and playback process is made more secure by preventing exported video
from being re-exported. When you re-export (Save as command) an
exported video file, you can save it in a different format (which removes the
encryption) and change the time range. To preserve the originally exported video, a new
setting, Allow the exported video file to be re-exported
(Default=No), has been added to the video export settings.
Unless you explicitly select this option, the exported video file cannot be re-exported. The same setting has also been added to the Save as command (re-export function) of the Genetec™ Video Player. For more information, see Re-exporting G64 and G64x video files.
- NVIDIA Hardware Acceleration
- Security Center now supports NVIDIA® hardware accelerated H.264 decoding and encoding for privacy protection. For more information, see Maximum number of cameras and readers per server type in Security Center 5.7.
- Body-worn cameras
With the Wearable Camera Manager role in Config Tool users can now configure and manage body-worn camera devices in Security Center. This includes configuring cameras or camera stations, adding users, uploading content to a Security Center Archiver, and setting the retention period for uploaded evidence. Body-worn camera archives can then be searched, using the Archives task in Security Desk.
- Call-up time optimization
- Security Center now has call-up time optimization. When you enable this feature in Security Desk, it continuously streams live video from the selected prefetched camera list, allowing faster video access.
Health monitoring enhancements
- New camera health events
- Three new camera health events can now be tracked by the Health Monitor role. The
following health events are found under the Camera group, and apply
to both native and federated cameras.
- Connection to camera established
- Connection to camera stopped by user
- Connection to camera stopped unexpectedly
KiwiVision™ plugin enhancementsThe KiwiVision™ plugin 3.1 includes bug fixes that improve reliability and performance.
- Upgrade SDK
- Upgrade to new Axis dewarping SDK version v3.10.01.
- H.265 codec support
- The H.265 (HEVC) codec is now supported in Security Center for Bosch cameras. This feature provides better video quality with less storage. Enabling H.265 requires the latest supported firmware for the cameras.
- SRTP support for Bosch units
- Security Center now supports SRTP by default for Bosch units.
- Upgrade SDK
- Upgrade to the new Panasonic dewarping SDK version v3.10.01, available on the Panasonic website. This will fix certain issues with PTZ.
- Display new manufacturer name
- Security Center now displays Hanwha Techwin as the new manufacturer name.