With each release, new features, enhancements, or resolved issues are added to the product.
The following platform enhancements are included in Security Center 5.7 SR3:
- Improvements for intrusion entities
- The following improvements have been added:
- Show alarm halo
- Active alarm states are indicated by a red, pulsing halo surrounding the associated input pin.
- Show input context menu
- With the Modify intrusion detection unit properties privilege, you can bypass an input or clear a bypass by right-clicking an input pin on the map and selecting from the context menu.
- Show input details pop-up
- Clicking an intrusion input pin opens a pop-up with the entity name, color coded status, alarm status, bypass state, and parent areas.
- Show output context menu
- With the Trigger output privilege, you can change the output state from normal to active, active to normal, or unknown to normal or active, by right-clicking an output pin on the map and selecting from a context menu.
- Show output details pop-up
- Clicking an intrusion output relay opens a pop-up with the entity name, state, and the assigned output behaviors.
- Select maps in the Security Desk canvas
- A Select map button has been added to map overlays on the Security Desk canvas. With the button, you can select an area to display the associated map.
- Native Privacy Protection Exclusion Zones
- Operators can now define two types of exclusion zones on a privacy protected video
stream: always blur zones and never blur zones. In an always blur zone,
the selected privacy protection method is always applied within the boundary of the
zone. Everything within an always blur zone, including the background, is protected. In
a never blur zone, the selected privacy protection method is never applied within the
boundary of the zone. Everything within a never blur zone, including motion, is not
For more information, see Configuring privacy protection.
- Upgrade Microsoft SQL Server Compact
- The version of Microsoft SQL Server Compact edition used by health monitoring has been upgraded from version 3.5 to version 4.0. The behavior of health monitoring is unchanged by this upgrade.
- Reset sensors from Security Center
- Users can now reset the state of 24-hour wireless inputs to match the input states on the intrusion panel, from the Security Desk Maps and Monitoring tasks, and the Config Tool Area view task, instead of having to reset the sensors from the keypad.
- State of 24 Hour Zones intrusion detection areas
- The running state of the 24 Hour Zones intrusion detection area now follows the state of the intrusion detection unit. If the unit is online, the area will be online, even if there are no inputs associated to that intrusion detection area.