With each release, new features, enhancements, or resolved issues are added to the product.
- Unlock the perimeter doors of an area through a hot action
- You can now configure a hot action to unlock an area's perimeter doors with a keyboard
shortcut. You can also select the action from the notification tray in Security
For more information, see Configuring and using a hot action to unlock multiple area perimeter doors.
- Door templates
- Security Center now has wiring templates for
most popular door configurations, which reduce the time it takes to configure multiple
similar doors. You can select a template during the door creation process.
For more information, see Creating doors.
- Improved custom input support for Mercury EP controllers
- You can configure Mercury EP controllers with up to four sets of custom A/D values for supervised inputs.
- Mercury LP series controller support
- Security Center 5.8 GA introduces support for
the Mercury LP series of intelligent controllers. The LP series consists of the
- Mercury LP1501
- Mercury LP1502
- Mercury LP2500
- Mercury LP4502
- Secure communications for HID units
- HID EVO units can now communicate over TLS 1.2. This enhances the security of the channel between the Access Manager role and HID units running in Secure mode.
Synergis™ IX for ANZ market
- Unification of access control and intrusion detection in Security Center
- Synergis™ IX brings an innovative approach to both access control and intrusion monitoring. With a broad range of supported hardware at your disposal, the Synergis™ IX system lets you control and monitor a scalable number of intrusion areas, doors, cardholders, and other field devices, in real time, regardless of geographical location.
Cardholder and credential enhancements
- Native MIFARE DESFire configuration
- You can now create configurations for MIFARE DESFire key cards in Config Tool, which eliminates the need for a third-party card production tool. You can then use these configurations to encode new cards or re-encode previously configured cards, or to add a credential to Security Desk that matches a previously configured MIFARE DESFire card.
- Raw credentials and native FASC-N card formats for PIV/PIV-I/CIV credentials
- Security Center natively recognizes 75-bit and 200-bit FASC-N credentials, but you can make Security Center display the details of other FASC-N versions by creating custom card formats. Unrecognized credential formats in Security Center are displayed as raw x bits instead of unknown x bits credentials.
- Visitor pre-registration
- Visitors can now be registered and checked in either when they arrive, or
pre-registered in advance to expedite the check-in process.
For more information, see Checking in new visitors.
- New activation and expiration dates for cardholders and credentials in Import Tool
- Import tool now registers cardholder and credential activation and expiration dates when importing from CSV files or third-party systems.
- Native double-badge events include cardholder and credential information
- With double-badge activation, a cardholder can unlock a door and trigger a
preconfigured event by presenting their credential to the reader twice. The door remains
unlocked and the event stays active until the cardholder badges again.
For more information, see About double-badge activation.