With each release, new features, enhancements, or resolved issues are added to the product.
- Use EdDSA for digital signatures
- To provide stronger protection against tampering and fraud, video digital signatures
are now signed with the more secure Edwards-curve Digital Signature Algorithm
No action is required for video files that were signed in earlier versions of Security Center. Untampered files still pass validation, but are reported as authenticated with an obsolete algorithm.
- Video watermarking
- To deter the unauthorized release of your video recordings, identifying watermarks can
now be added to live and playback video for specific users. When enabled, video
requested by the affected users through Config
Desk, and Web
Client will include one or more of the
- Security Center user who requested the video
- Workstation where the user logged in
- Camera where the video originated
There are important performance limitations when using video watermarking, including:
- Impact on client workstation performance
- Impact on Media Gateway server performance
- Media Gateway IPv6 support
- The Media Gateway role now supports IPv6 in multicast, improving the cybersecurity of your video surveillance system. For more information, see About the Media Gateway role.
- Recommend certified firmware versions in production
- To help you identify devices running unknown firmware, a new warning message,
Unknown firmware detected, is displayed in Config
Tool when upgrading the firmware.Best Practice: To ensure software compatibility with your video units, apply certified firmware versions identified on our Supported Device List.
- Support for DVTel
- CF-2101-0P and CP-2101-361P units can now be added to Security Center. The units must be added using DVTel as the Manufacturer and All as the Product Type.
User interface enhancements
- Renamed video watermarks to digital signatures
- All references to anti-tampering watermarks in the user interface and the associated documentation have been renamed to digital signatures. Starting in Security Center 184.108.40.206, a video watermark refers to an optional text overlay that can be permanently added to exported video files. It is a deterrent to prevent users from leaking video recordings.
- Support for PTZ
- You can add Bosch MIC-9000 to Security Center and enable PTZ on each camera.
- Support for idle state of inputs
- You can now configure the state of input pins for Panasonic units. In Config Tool, you can set the state to open or closed. The default is open.