Security Center 220.127.116.11 includes the following video enhancements.
- Media Gateway role supports hardware acceleration
- The Media Gateway role now supports hardware acceleration. Every server equipped with
compatible GPU is now able to transcode more video streams, resulting in an overall
reduction in infrastructure requirements.
For more information, see Maximum number of Media Gateway camera streams in Security Center.
- Prioritize Federated playback sources
- You can now prioritize the Federated Auxiliary Archiver over the Federated Archiver as
a playback source.
For more information, see Customizing video stream options.
- Archive report improvements
- You can hover over camera sequence timelines in the report pane of the Archives task to see specific timestamps. Archive reports now also include a preview of the timeline sequence.
- Single user export privilege
- Users with this privilege can export video like before. Others must now enter a
description and obtain a second user's authorization to export video.
For more information, see Exporting video.
- Automatic cleanup of the Vault
- You can now configure videos and snapshots in the Vault to be automatically deleted
after a defined number of days.
For more information, see Configuring automatic cleanup of the Vault.
Unit password management
You can now safely and securely update video unit passwords in Config Tool and automatically apply them to the units.
- Change individual unit passwords from the unit Properties
pageThis operation requires the Update video unit password privilege.NOTE: Passwords can be user-created or system-generated. We recommend using system-generated passwords because they are more secure. The system always uses the highest password complexity supported by the manufacturers.
- View and export unit passwords from the Hardware inventory
taskThis operation requires the privilege View/export unit passwords.
- Copy unit passwords to the clipboard
- Update unit passwords in batches from the Hardware inventory
This operation requires the Update video unit password privilege.
- Execute the Update unit password action from scheduled tasks and event-to-actions
- H3 and H4 series.
- All units with firmware 6.50 or later.
- All units with firmware 6.30 or later.
- The following series are supported:
- All X-Series (all firmwares)
- All PNx-Series (firmwares 1.01 and later)
- All SPE-xx10 (all firmwares), excluding SPE-100, SPE-400, SPE-101
- All Q-Series (all firmwares), excluding QNO-6010R, QNO-6020R, QNO-6030R, QND-6010R, QND-6020R, QND-6030R, QNV-6010R, QNV-6020R, QNV-6030R, QNE-6080RV, QNE-7080RV
- All L-Series (all firmwares)
- All TNx Series (all firmwares) excluding TNU-6320
- Profile S compatible.
The availability of password updates depends on the manufacturer's implementation. Before you apply any password updates automatically, we recommend testing the password update feature on a unit that you can access physically.
- Sarix Next Generation and P2xxx cameras.
You must create an ONVIF user before adding the camera to Security Center. By default, Pelco cameras do not have ONVIF users, so password updates do not work if you add the Pelco units anonymously to Security Center.
For more information, see Unit password management.
Wearable Camera Manager role enhancements
- Associated Archiver role
- You can now add two or more Archivers to the Associated Archiver role to share the load on systems with a large number of body-worn cameras.
- Deactivate officers (wearable camera users)
- You can now deactivate officer entities to reassign a body-worn camera license without
losing the officer's video archive.
For more information, see Deactivating officers.
- Evidence ready custom event
- You can now create an Evidence ready event-to-action to be notified when an officer's recording is ready for viewing.
- Support for Axis and Reveal body-worn cameras
- The Wearable Camera Manager role now supports body-worn cameras from Axis and Reveal.
- PTZ home position configuration
- You can now set a home position command for an Axis PTZ camera in Security Center.
- Support for occupancy estimator
- You can now configure occupancy estimator on the unit's web page and monitor the statistics in Security Center. Use this feature to detect the amount of people and analyze the flow in and out of certain areas.
You can now connect to Hanwha units using the native SUNAPI protocol.
For more information, see Notes about integrating Hanwha units using SUNAPI.
- Support virtual views for SUNAPI units
- You can now enable crop encoding on the unit's web page. Virtual encoders are created for each video profile with crop encoding enabled.
- Support for SD card related events for SUNAPI units
- You can now monitor SD card-related events in Security Center.
- Support for dewarping lenses
- Dewarping is now supported for Mobotix units.